Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Plagued


I haven't eaten a doughnut since freshman year in high school when our seminary teachers used to bring them at the end of the year for a treat.  I'll admit, I enjoyed them but knew they were not good for me.  And after that, decided they didn't taste good enough for how bad they were for me, so I declined them.  Haven't even had the desire to have one since ... that is until my second trimester.  Then, out of no where the desire for a doughnut hit.  It comes and goes; but has not completely left since.  I have kept telling myself don't eat one, they are not good for you our your little daughter.  But today, after just telling my coworker that I felt like this day needed some chocolate and she wholeheartedly agreed, some people in the office next to us invited us over for some fresh soft doughnuts.  I couldn't resist.  Today, I divulged in half a chocolate doughnut and half and apple fritter, free of charge.  Delicious.  I hope my stomach and body don't start hating me for my decision 'cause it was pure melt-in-my-mouth delight.

5 comments:

Elyse said...

I tell you there is no understanding of the mysterious cravings of pregnancy =) I think every time it has been something new and unusual. With Jillian it was orange juice. Had to have it =) Aiden, it was diet Pepsi, avoided it but ooooooh a little sip now and then was so devine! This time I think a specific craving has eluded me. I can't wait to see your little Islea in real life someday! So exciting and the count down is on! Blessings and love to you!!

Leah said...

Laura, for the love of. Eat two whole ones.

Matt said...

I agree with Leah...and also I mourn all the years you have missed out on one of the finer things in life. You will get to the other side someday and realize that fact and sadly you will then mourn. For the love....make it at least a quarterly thing! By the way...I've got all the great SLC doughnut places mapped out should you be interested.

Ditto Family said...

Each time I cave into the donuts the kids bring home on "Donuts with Dad" days I almost always regret it. Why do they taste so yummy and then have to be so heavy laden with grease. I've found away around this--eat cake donuts. I still only eat a couple a year--I'm thinking baby Watts might want to try one this week.

Daddy Tom said...

I assure you, you will live.

Dad