Sunday, January 30, 2011

Winnemucca Welcome Home


We have finally arrived safely to our new home in Winnemucca, NV.  Oh man, don't we wish we could call this our home the whole time we are in here!  Kim and Anita kindly offered to drive out with us and with an enormous effort from the ward here, Jared got the truck unloaded and everything put into the house in like 30 minutes.  Anita and Kim had planned to stay the weekend to help us unpack and move in but unfortunately this morning Anita walked down the stairs only to slip for the last half of the staircase and may have broken a rib or two.  So she and Kim headed back this morning.  Isla and I are still more sick than I care to admit, so we unfortunately had to skip church to spare everyone the illness exposure.  On the plus side, in honor of Isla turning 5 months and due to her EXTREME curiosity and desire to try our food, got the pleasure of her first "solid" (I use that turn very very loosely) food meal; a delicious oatmeal mush.  Together we shared our first meal in Winnemucca.
Our First Supper
A skeptical first "solid" supper
"Yum!  This is good ... see Isla"
I think the jury is still out on this one

6 comments:

Matt said...

Gotta love the first food pictures. Classic!

Estee said...

Oh Fun! It's a whole new world once they discover food?! I love it!!! She is sooooooooo cute. Man, I just want a little squeeze from her - one day skype will include that I hope!!! xoxo And by the way, the first supper is making my mouth water - minus the oatmeal

Ditto Family said...

That house is amazing!! Love seeing all the pictures of Isla eating her first food. It does make me wish that I had secretly snuck her some food when you were here, though. She was SO interested.

How did the wild rice soup turn out yesterday?

Leah said...

Can't WAIT to see you guys so soon. Don't worry Sara, I'll be the first to give her some ice cream!

emily a. said...

That's quite a change from your apartment to the mansion. I'm so glad Miss. Isla is getting some real food. I'd like some more pictures of your house please.

emily a. said...

Oh and it's fun seeing the plates again. Glad you are enjoying them.