Tuesday, February 16, 2010

September 2nd

So, pretty sure (no offense meant) that we saw the cutest baby in the world today!  Little lips, nose, eyes, cute belly, fingers, feet.  And this one is a wiggler!  As soon as we got the picture going, all we could see was a summer-saulting baby ... kicking legs and squirming all around.  Our doctor had a hard time getting pictures, but finally snapped one to be able to measure the head to bum at 5.42 cm, which puts us right as guessed at 12 weeks.  What we saw included many more cute pictures than this, but here is the cutest and the following picture shows the heart beat which was amazing to hear at 162 bpm.  The last picture is a little strange when the baby finally settled down and then turned over and looked at us ... hence, the slight alien-ish appearance but you can see the umbilical chord (kind of like a pyramid of bubbles near the neck), and two wiggly feet facing us.  Pretty amazing.  I shed a small tear.

12 comments:

Ditto Family said...

What a sweet experience!!! There is nothing like seeing your baby in utero. Can't wait for your next photoshoot!

Leah said...

SO exciting!!

Elyse said...

Congratulations, Laura!!! You will surely follow in the tradition of beautiful Sherry (and Watt too =p) babies =)
Love and blessings!! ~Elyse

emily a. said...

Such a cutie! What are you guessing it's gender is? I'm going to have to think a bit more before I give you my guess.

Erica Fe said...

Add a another tear from my part hun. aaah there is nothing sweater than life and when you have family or friends that create it, it only makes for a richer feeling. Wow never thought this day would come so soon- gosh I love life!

Jessica said...

Very exciting!

bwatts13 said...

congrats! that is so exciting!

Lisette said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I had no idea you two are expecting! SO FUN! Keep us posted.

Whitney said...

Thanks for sending me the link to your blog and letting me know that you are expecting! I am so happy for you. You will be excellent parents!

Estee said...

Hooray! My kids needs some cousins. Our kids must be related already - they look a lot alike... so far. So happy and excited for you two!

emily a. said...

Hey, where's that post you were telling me about last week?

ALEXIS BARRELL said...

LAURA!!!! paty gave me the link to ur blog, and even if we have LOADS of catching up to do, right now theres only one thing i can say: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so over-super excited for you guys!!! U are without a doubt going to be by far the best mum EVER!! And you know i mean it! Lots of love, take care of urself, and lets arrange for some chatting time some time SOON!! Love ya!

Pauline.