Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hot Mommy Walks as Magna Cum Laude




She Did It!

USU hase given me a lot in the four academic years that I have attended like knowledge, experience, good friends, and lots of fun. That being said the greatest thing I gained during my time at USU was my sweet wife Laura. Yesterday her undergraduate journey came to an end as her name was called and she walked across the stage to get her diploma as a public health education major. She finished her last semester with a GPA of higher then 3.75, a great accomplishment especially with the difficulty of her classes. The ceremony was short and sweet (under an hour with lots of hooting and hollering) and the rest of the day was really special as family and friends combined together to celebrate Laura and her great accomplishment.

Everyone who attended the ceremony

Spiritual Leah, silently meditating over her scrumptious food


Backyard festivities, the weather was perfect for a barbecue!

Little Cooper chillaxin at the party

The Sherry Clan

Today I wanted to honor my beautiful wife Laura. Laura has been preparing to be a mother her entire life and now that we are expecting our first child her love for our future children really shines. Every time we go shopping she always seems to find a cute baby outfit and holding it up so I can see it says, "Jared its adorable, and it's only a dollar plus I have a coupon that will take off another 25% so really after taxes we are only spending about 81 cents." And I would think to myself, "we are grocery shopping sweetheart how do you find baby clothes when were grocery shopping?"



Laura is the women of my dreams! From the very moment that I saw her I knew that if this world were perfect I would end up with her as my wife one day and it only took four years for that to happen. She is loving and selfless, charitable and kind, she seems to see people as heavenly father does, always viewing their potential and strengths and not their weaknesses and faults. I love her with all of my heart and count myself blessed to spend each day with her on this eternal journey.

Laura I love you!

Happy Mothers Day!


4 comments:

Matt said...

Congratulations Laura...it was great to celebrate with you!

Ditto Family said...

Jared -- how nice of you to be a guest writer on your family blog. I'm dying over your dialog of being at the grocery store and finding a baby outfit with a coupon. Now where did she ever learn that.

Congrats to BOTH of you!!! Laura, you are amazing!! Now get to work getting all those spots out of the baby clothes.

Jared, can you see the light?? You are almost there too! At least with the first half of your schooling.

You guys are going to be fantastic parents! Wish we could have been there to celebrate!

emily a. said...

This was really sweet Jared. I loved seeing Laurels in all her glory and especially loved the story in the store. So true. Congrats to you both!

Leah said...

Jared-you're awesome, AND you climb trees. We're so proud of both of you!

And WHY the devil do I do the stupidest things in pictures. Exhibit A for why I am always BEHIND the camera now.