Friday, May 21, 2010

A MAN NEEDS A MAID

The first time I truly considered the great importance of having a maid was when I heard Neil Young sing about their handiness.

Lyrics
(to actually hear the song visit http://listen.grooveshark.com/)

My life is changing
in so many ways
I don't know who
to trust anymore
There's a shadow running
thru my days
Like a beggar going
from door to door.

I was thinking that
maybe I'd get a maid
Find a place nearby
for her to stay.
Just someone
to keep my house clean,
Fix my meals and go away.

A maid. A man needs a maid.
A maid.

It's hard to make that change
When life and love
turns strange.
And old.

To give a love,
you gotta live a love.
To live a love,
you gotta be "part of"
When will I see you again?

A while ago somewhere
I don't know when
I was watching
a movie with a friend.
I fell in love with the actress.
She was playing a part
that I could understand.

A maid. A man needs a maid.
A maid.

When will I see you again?

Unlike Neil I don't want anything from a maid other then to have it (not gender specific) keep my house clean, fix my meals and go away. When Laura and I would arrive home after long days on campus with the house a mess and dinner barely an idea I would comment about the luxury of having a maid and how I would love to come home with everything effortlessly clean and a hot meal on the table.

I am pleased to report that as of yesterday I officially have a maid! Barrick is turning out to be a more fantastic company then I originally thought. They have placed me in a newly furnished double wide trailer with my own room and master bathroom, I never thought of living in a trailer as luxury but Barrick is changing my mind slowly. But the best part is that every week a group of ladies show up and clean the whole house, they change the sheets, clean the toilet, wash the towels, mow the lawn, dust the lamps, and make our place smell real nice.

Please let me know how you like the song and yoru general thoughts on having a maid.

2 comments:

emily a. said...

Jealous. Very jealous.

Leah said...

I'm jealous too. "You want mint for pillow?"