Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 2

The first night with her, she was great, but was still working out some of the left overs in her lungs, stomach, airways, etc.  So, after trying to have her sleep in the hospital bassinet (or plastic tub) and having these little scary coughing/gagging attacks I finally broke hospital rules and laid her in bed with me.  She cuddled up right away on my stomach and we promptly got a glorious 3 hours of sleep.  The only 3 hours I got all night.  I nodded off here and there later in the morning, but between her eating almost every hour that next morning, her blood sugar being tested twice, vital signs check-ups for both her and me, metabolic testing at 4am, and both doctors visiting at 7 am, those "sleep breaks" were more like 10 and 15 minute pass-outs.  I fall asleep quick usually, but man, could I just hit the pillow in seconds!  We brought her home right after lunch when we were officially cleared to go.  I couldn't wait to get off my duff and eat some real food.  Not a big fan of what the hospital has to offer as generous as they are.
Here are some pictures of us putting Isla in her first little preemie sized night gown.  Since she is skinny and long, her newborn cloths fit kind of funny.  Usually the preemie stuff fits perfect around her waist but falls a bit short when it comes to the legs.   She looked so cute though!   The pictures are a bit dark because our lighting is pretty low, especially at night.
We wrapped her up in the blanket Ami made for her her first night at home.  She loves it!

2 comments:

Elyse said...

SOOOOO happy for you!!!! She's just GORGEOUS! But then of course she would be =) congratulations!!!!

Matt said...

What a sweet little face!