Monday, October 25, 2010

No Relation

Okay,  have a bunch of thoughts and some pictures, really nothing relates other than that I have been thinking about these things at the about the "same" time I was taking the pictures.
First of all regarding the pictures, it has become painstakingly clear to me that we need a new camera.  Preferably one that takes great video and action shots.  Every time I try to take pictures of Isla they are blurry because she is such a wiggler as all sweet infants are.  So, I hope you enjoy the pictures with all their inadequacies, but I can't help it.  I think she is so stinkin' cute I just have to take pictures.  Plus, we are so amazed and excited about how strong she is getting. I just want to show her off to the world.  And a friend from the ward just brought over some baby clothes from her daughters and though most everything won't fit her until next summer I did find a gem that will fit her now.  Precious little thick knit tights!  I have been wanting some that fit her ever since she was born.  And these are finally tiny enough.  They are so adorable I don't even want to wrap her up when she goes down for a nap 'cause I just want to keep looking at them.  I wish I had a dozen pair so she could wear them every day.  The other pictures are her again on her tummy, but in this adorable little dress my mom gave her.  And yes, they are way blurry but it is the best I got.
As far as other thoughts go regarding Isla, naps do not seem to be her forte`.  We are working on it, but most every book I have read really can't give you much as far as pre-three-months.  Guess they are still working allot out mentally, physically, and socially up and till that point.  So, I think we have found that a super dark room and the rhythmic ticking of the swing chair (though she is sleeping in her crib), really helps.  I am now looking for a cheap, used, noisy, metronome to replace the swing chair.  Needless to say, that old phrase "sleep like a baby" has taken on an entirely new meaning.
Jumping to a new subject, I was thinking about pregnancy since I have so many sisters/sisters-in-law and friends expecting.  Being pregnant in my opinion is a really wonderful thing.  It comes with challenges, but it is so fun to feel a little baby kicking inside and to be able to feel like you are gently holding it and giving it little pats and rubs when you rug your belly.   Plus, having a big old belly and it not being fat is sweet.  Almost freeing.  It is automatically cute to have your belly totally hanging over your pants.  I am also amazed at how it has changed me.  Sure the little things have changed like I still am not crazy about banana's a strange aversion while pregnant,  still gotta go light on the onions and garlic - just makes me feel funny, and I still crave spicy thing.  But my amazement and respect for the human body and women has immensely grown.  Not that I didn't love or respect the body before, but experiencing so much of it all gives me a greater ability to respect and stand in awe at the miracle of a child growing from cell to person.  It almost always brings me a bit to tears really.  It is so incredible.  I feel so blessed to be a part of starting a family.  No matter how they start, it is just a pure miracle every time.  No matter how you become a mother, it is a wonderful and overwhelming embankment and an indelible gift to the world.  So, yep, that's what I have been thinking about.






5 comments:

Leah said...

She is getting SO big! I love that smile and that she's getting chubby. Nice work! I hope we get to see her very soon, because I need to give that baby some love, and you need to rub my belly.

emily a. said...

She is so strong and so cute. The dress is adorable. I agree, small tights are hard to come by. I got a cute pair at Jack and Jill in Albany- maybe you'll have to stop and look when you go visit M&D.

Amen to everything you said. We ladies are super amazing!

Ditto Family said...

How wonderful to hear some of your feelings. I have been waiting for you to share about her baby blessing. I think you ought to take aday trip and mosey on over to Yakima when you head west in a couple of weeks. Miss you!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Hey laura,

This is Annie Barlow Callister. Congrats on baby Isla! She is beautiful and I'm so happy for your growing family. We would love to see you when you come to Oregon for a visit!

Leah said...

I refuse to look at your blog any longer until you update it. Pretty soon I will claim "no relation" to you.