Sunday, June 19, 2011

Home

I know this picture is you with hardly any sleep for the last 48 hours but I love it anyway.  I love you holding our little girl as a father for the first time.  I love how much she loves snuggling up to you and knows she is safe in your arms.  And I love the comparison of your hand and her tiny body cradled inside.  It represents how I love that you take care of us and your incredible indescribable love for us.  Thank you.

And in honor of our move to Winnemucca and the many many conversations we have had about moving away from family.  I share with you these lines from a song:

Ahh, Home
Let me come Home
Home is wherever I’m with you
Ah, home
Yes I am home
Home is when I'm alone with you


I love you Jared.  Thank you for making us your home.

3 comments:

Elyse said...

well said, Laura =)

Matt said...

Ok....so luckily, I know you haven't been expecting any sort of little one lately, so this post is not announcing a second child. Great photo!

emily a. said...

Sweet.