Thursday, September 13, 2012

2 Years Old

I am guessing at three years old kids start to really understand and can anticipate birthdays.  We  anticipated Isla's for her, again this year, and tried to get her excited about it too.  Though she didn't get we were talking about the week leading up to her birthday, she loved learning a new song for it, "Happy Birthday," and was stoked about going to sleep in her new cupcake pj's from Grammy, only to have an even better surprise of loads of balloons to greet her on the big day.  Daddy chose right with the Micky Mouse balloon and nine other colors of the rainbow.  Of course her birthday treats of white cheddar popcorn, pistachios, fruit leather, teddy grams and oatmeal were hard to "tare" her away from in order to open her actual birthday gifts.  And I will apologize in advance that most of the pictures aren't really in focus.  I seriously need to learn how to work our camera.

Grammy gave Isla a real pint sized shopping cart.  Isla filled it will all the special animals that Grammy has.


She wasn't sure about the whole, blowing the candles out, thing.  Hence the skeptical look she is giving us as she blew out her candles.  I am pretty sure she was thinking, "You guys are kind of weird.  Who lights up what we are going to eat, only to blow it out seconds later?  Oh well, I sure want that cupcake, so I will just do what they say."



It was also kind of a, "it's my birthday and I will do what I want to" day.  Isla was helping clean some dishes in her diaper, when the next thing I knew she was in the sink cleaning the dishes.  Then later we were cutting up watermelon and she wanted some.  I explained to her that I had to cut it up and then she could have some.  Apparently that wasn't a good enough answer because the next thing I new she pulled up a chair next to me, climbed up, and leaned over and took a bit right in the middle of me removing the rinds.  Oh well.  That's a true birthday part for a two year old right?




2 comments:

emily a. said...

That's the official 2 year old birthday dress. Mila wore hers on her bday too. Love the braids.

Ditto Family said...

That girl is an orig!!